What to expect when converting a tub to a shower
Are you prepared for an in-home spa experience? Who isn’t, after all? Then it could be time to turn that large tub into a roomy walk-in shower. The concept of a tub-to-shower conversion is gaining popularity among homeowners today as it’s transforming bathrooms around the nation into opulent havens.
JMC Building Group gives you the choice between a conventional curbed tub-to-shower conversion or a tiny curb, depending on whether you want to make your shower more accessible or no longer need your bathtub.
The Advantages of Converting Tubs to Showers
There are several benefits to a tub-to-shower conversion that you will enjoy for years to come. Here are some of them:
- Bathrooms that appear bigger: Your bathroom floor will flow more naturally without the tub in the way. This gives the impression that the space is bigger.
- Home value: Converting a tub to a shower will raise the value of your house because showers are becoming more and more popular in place of bathtubs.
- Better accessibility: A shower accommodates the needs and abilities of everyone in your home. It offers a safe way to bathe without the need to climb into anything.
- Easy to clean: Cleaning a bathtub can be difficult because of all the little spaces in which mold and mildew can grow. Walk-in showers are simpler to maintain. Because they are more streamlined.
- prevents water from standing and keeps it flowing down the drain. To direct water down the drain and out of the bathroom, shower floors are usually sloped toward the drain on one end. Just make sure the shower head is positioned so the water remains in the splash zone.
- Smooth design: Eliminating the tub gives your bathroom those clean lines you’ve always wanted. It also appears lighter, airier, and less cluttered in your bathroom.
Process of Converting a Tub to a Shower
Are you thinking about converting your bathtub to a shower in your house? Continue reading to find out what needs to be done.
- Select the type of pan—if you’d prefer to have a tiled shower pan, an Onyx shower pan, or another type.
- Design that fits your style—we offer niches, soap holders, and customer borders that are vertical or horizontal.
- Choose your materials: mosaic tiles for inlays, floors, or detailing, tiled walls, or Onyx walls.
You can be confident that JMC Building Group will complete your tub-to-shower conversion correctly and with beautiful, premium materials.
This is a brief explanation of the installation process for a tub-to-shower conversion.
The installation procedure may require one to two weeks, depending on the extent and intricacy of the work.
- JMC Building Group will come to your home to survey your bathroom.
- Remove the existing tub.
- Move plumbing (replace valves, move the drain, etc.)
- Install a new shower pan of your choice.
- Install a waterproofing system.
- Install a tile or stone over-the-wall system.
- Install a shower door if you choose.
You can step into a luxurious and revitalizing world with a tub-to-shower conversation from JMC Building Group. To learn more, contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation.